Wildlife & Conservation Links Directory
The inclusion of a link in this Wildlife & Conservation Links Directory does not mean that the website in question is endorsed by the WLT and the Trust is not responsible for the content on these external sites. Link Exchanges are marked (LE).
Learn More: Environmental Resources
Environmental News & Events
- From the World Land Trust: Natural History Book Reviews – Collection of book reviews on the World Land Trust website, where most of the books can be ordered from NHBS.
- NHBS (Natural History Book Service) – search, browse and buy natural history books online from this WLT supporter
- From the World Land Trust: World Land Trust events
- Earth-Day (22nd April) – Website with Ecological Footprint quiz that measures your impact on the earth's resources
- International Day for Biological Diversity (22 May) – Aims to increase understanding and awareness of biodiversity issues
- International Earth Day (on the March equinox) – Official Site of International Earth Day as observed by United Nations
- International Migratory Bird Day (Second Saturday in May) – Focuses attention on one of the most important and spectacular events in the life of a migratory bird: its journey between its summer and winter homes
- National Lift Share Day (UK, June 9) – Aims to raise the profile of car-sharing and encourage and enable more people give it a try.
- National Threatened Species Day (Australia, 7 Sep) – Encourage the community to help conserve Australia's unique native fauna and flora
- National Tree Week (UK, November) – A tree celebration launching the start of the winter tree planting season
- World Environment Day (5 June) – Hosted each year by a different city, WED aims to stimulate awareness of the environment and enhance political attention and public action
- World Ocean Day (June 8) – An opportunity each year to celebrate our world ocean and our personal connection to the sea
- World Wetlands Day (2 Feb) – Marks the date of the adoption of the Convention on Wetlands. Click on the Activities tab on the RAMSAR home page for more information on World Wetlands Day.
- From the World Land Trust: eBulletin - monthly conservation news by email
- Arabian Wildlife – Read current and previous issues of this wildlife magazine online
- BBC Wildlife – Information about this monthly magazine, wildlife news, ecards and more
- Birds Of Britain – The Monthly web magazine for birdwatchers
- The Ecologist – non-profit environmental magazine
- Ethical Consumer magazine – alternative consumer organisation looking at the social and environmental records of the companies behind the brand names
- Grist magazine – Light hearted environmental news & commentary; "gloom and doom with a sense of humor"
- Home Power magazine – hands on journal of solar & renewable energy. Magazine downloads available in PDF format.
- New Scientist – often contains good articles related to the environment
- Positive News – Positive News is an international magazine promoting positive stories rarely covered by the mainstream media. (LE)
- Wild About Britain – British wildlife magazine with daily news, forums, gallery, events calendar, encyclopedia and directory to nature and environment conservation issues across the UK.
- Wildlife Extra – Online wildlife magazine and guide to UK nature reserves.
- From the World Land Trust: Conservation News & Updates
- Animal Blog – A site that links readers to news stories on animals found in newspapers, magazine and on other web sites.
- Environmental News Network – The largest online environmental news source in the world
- Environmental News Service – You can register for a free daily email environmental news service
- Global Forest and other Wildfires Status Reports – Real-time information on current fires status and early warning
- Global Forest Watch – Online satellite images and maps of the World's forests and rainforest. This allows you to now personally monitor what is happening on a daily basis
- Green.tv – A web TV channel dedicated to the environment, with the aim to raise awareness of environmental issues, especially climate change
- Habitat – A daily wildlife and environmental news service from the British Isles
- Vega Research – has an extensive newspaper clippings and journal archive database available to anyone interested in researching animal welfare, nutrition, health, environment, agriculture and scientific subjects. (LE)
- Yahoo Environment: News and Media – excellent source of further links
dududiaries - A virtual dudu safari through the fascinating world of bugs by blogger Dino J. Martins
Other pages in the section "Learn More: Environmental Resources"
Please report any broken links to firstname.lastname@example.org
Suggest a Link for the Directory
The World Land Trust welcomes suggestions for new links for our directory.
Link to the World Land Trust
Help spread the word: link to the World Land Trust from your website
Discover & Learn
- Educational Resources
- Internships & Courses
- Species in WLT Reserves
- Wildlife Webcams
- Fun & Games
- Links Directory