Charles Darwin Day
To mark the 200th anniversary of Charles Darwin, Macmillan Academy in Middlesborough organised a day of events and activities within the academy.
Marion Hart, Head of Biology wrote to tell us about the special activities:
- The biology teachers dressing as Victorian visitors - including Charles Darwin himself (see photo);
- A quiz entry for each student;
- The sale of animal shaped biscuits a display in the library and free gifts given out with relevant books taken out;
- A display of artifacts and fossils lent by Kirkletham Museum;
- New plant species designed by the Art department with specific habitat adaptations.
Throughout the day raffle tickets were sold and all the money raised was donated to the World Land Trust Action Fund, saving one acre of threatened wildlife habitat.