Protected by the following WLT projects:
- Coastal Steppe Project, Patagonia
- The Atlantic Rainforest, Brazil
- Misiones Rainforest Corridor, Argentina
- Biodiversity of Sierra Gorda, Mexico
- Chaco/Pantanal project, Paraguay
The Puma, also known as the Cougar or Mountain Lion, has two colouring phases: brown and grey. Pumas vary in size, with the smallest animals occurring at the tropics. The typical body length is 1 to 1.9 metres.
Threats and Conservation
Pumas have been hunted as they are regarded as a threat to livestock. Pumas are classed as extinct or very rare in North America and are considerably reduced in other parts of their range.