World Land Trust mission:
- To protect and sustainably manage natural ecosystems of the world. To conserve their biodiversity, with emphasis on threatened habitats and endangered species
- To develop partnerships with local individuals, communities and organisations to engage support and commitment among the people who live in project areas
- To raise awareness, in the UK and elsewhere, of the need for conservation, to improve understanding and generate support through education, information and fundraising
WLT generally supports projects that conserve threatened areas of high biodiversity value through the creation or expansion of protected reserves, restoration of degraded habitats and sustainable management of these areas.
WLT focuses on conservation work through an in-country NGO partner
The Type of Organisations supported by WLT:
- Legally constituted non-governmental organisation (NGO)
- National or local organisation, based in the country where their projects takes place
- The organisation should have wildlife conservation as its primary objective
- Demonstrable experience of managing conservation projects, preferably involving land protection and sustainable management of resources
- The organisation must have similar objectives to the WLT
The Type of Projects supported by WLT:
Main project activities supported by WLT include:
- land purchase and land lease to create nature reserves
- work to create/designate municipal or community run reserves
- other land focused conservation initiatives/easements to secure threatened habitats
- protection and restoration of threated habitats using REDD+
- Other activities may include; on the ground protection (ranger salaries); biodiversity monitoring; education and outreach; habitat restoration; alternative livelihoods. Please note that these activities are unlikely to be funded separately and would only be considered if they form part of a wider project to bring land under conservation.
Please note: If your organisation or project does not fit the above criteria then it is unlikely WLT will be able to provide funding.
Before considering applying for support from World Land Trust, please read the guidelines and criteria above. If you feel your organisation and project may be a good fit for World Land Trust please submit a project proposal by completing the application form below and your project will be reviewed. If you have not heard back directly from World Land Trust within three months of submitting an application your project has not fulfilled the criteria and will not be followed up.