A Delicious Fairtrade Coffee from Miko Helps Protect Rainforests
It is certainly an exciting time for the coffee industry now that consumers increasingly care about the environment and the welfare of the third world farmers, as well as developing sophisticated taste requirements.
Through Miko's Fairtrade and Fairtrade Organic Puro Coffee brand, they have proudly taken socially responsible espresso marketing two steps further with a product that combines Fairtrade certified sourcing with saving the rainforest through World Land Trust (WLT).
Uniquely, two per cent of money generated from the sales of Puro Fairtrade Coffee helps buy and protect precious rainforests and also ensures that third world growers get a fair and sustainable deal.
In partnership with the WLT, Puro has supported land purchase and protection in Ecuador, Borneo, Colombia and Brazil, they have helped fund a reserve ranger, and were instrumental in supporting the launch of the WLT's first wildlife webcam.
In 2012, Miko won the Business Charity Award for Cause-related marketing in recognition of its work to help WLT raise awareness about the need to protect ecosystems by creating nature reserves across the world.
The coffee is available in a range of hotels, cafes, restaurants and offices, as well as all National Trust sites.
Quick Facts on What Miko Do:
- Puro is the only coffee brand that works with the WLT to actively buy and protect rainforests.
- Miko distribute Faema machinery, Italy's leading commercial espresso machine brand.
- Miko offer a complete coffee solution for all sizes/types of venue
- Miko strives to keep customers satisfied through their expert service, technical support, marketing, training and customer care.
Find out more
- Visit: www.miko.co.uk and www.puro.co.uk or call 0800 496 39 39
- Find out more about Puro's support for REGUA, WLT's partner in Brazil
Watch a video about Puro Fairtrade Coffee: