Carbon Balanced: offset your emissions
Sir David Attenborough supports Carbon Balanced by the World Land Trust (WLT) that allows individuals and small to medium size companies to offset their unavailable carbon emissions
"In human nature there is good and evil, and often it is within man’s capacity to destroy the very things we value most.
"For millions of years we have been exploiting our planet and its natural resources but it is only with modern technology that we have tipped the scales to an alarming degree. We are at risk of destroying the very bedrock on which our existence was built.
"As a Patron of the WLT I take heart in the approaches used by the Trust and particularly welcome work carried out by the WLT team in 2004 to address the global warming issue.
"WLT’s Carbon Balanced programme really does give us a way of helping put back what we are taking away. I would urge everyone to think deeply about what is important in life and to consider the consequences of daily activities.
"Balancing your carbon emissions with the WLT means that we can be even more effective in our key objective: acquiring land for conservation. Please join with the World Land Trust to do what we can to save what is precious to us."
(Extract from Patron’s message, Annual Review and Accounts 2004, available from the WLT online or in hard copy.)
Sir David Attenborough, CH FRS
More Attenborough quotes
- Why I support World Land Trust
- The Cost of Life on Earth
- Rainforest at Chelsea Flower Show
- Four reasons to support World Land Trust
- Conservation network breeds success
- Wildlife webcams: rainforest life online
- Discovering species new to science
- Climate change and habitat loss
- Extinction rates and halting destruction
- Attenborough’s history with WLT