World Land Trust (WLT) is saving threatened habitats acre by acre, creating protected nature reserves across the world. You can help us create new or extend existing reserves by buying acres and providing more safe havens for some of Earth's most vulnerable wildlife. Help us save real acres, in real places.
WLT works with partner organisations across the world to help fund land purchase and create nature reserves to protect threatened habitats and wildlife. In some countries, we can save an acre of threatened habitat for an average of £100. Here we offer our supporters the opportunity to buy acres and help us create or extend our reserves. You can donate as little £25 and buy quarter of an acre – helping us save the planet’s threatened wilderness.
Donations to Buy an Acre go to our in-country partners who purchase and secure rainforest and other wildlife habitats in Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador and Mexico. Your donation will help create permanently protected nature reserves.
- £100 saves one acre (4,000 square metres)
- £50 saves half an acre (2,000 square metres)
- £25 save 1/4 an acre (1,000 square metres).
- When you donate £25 or more you will receive a personalised Certificate of Appreciation
- When you dedicate your donation of £25 or more to someone special they will receive a personalised Gift Pack,
- Certificates, whether sent by post of email, will be personalised for you and sent within five working days. Further delivery information »
- What are the 'WLT Action Fund' and 'Buy an Acre Fund'? How are they different?
- How long does it take to receive the Certificate?
- How big is an acre?
- What's included when I save wildlife acres?
- How is £100 per acre figure arrived at?
- In which project areas will my £100 save One Acre?
- Is your online donation system secure?
- Other frequently asked questions