World Land Trust is looking for a Donor Relations Officer to maintain the strong relationship that exists between our charity and its supporters. This is a front-facing position, so people skills are vital. You will enjoy talking with existing and potential donors and have a friendly demeanour.
You will be technologically savvy and be proficient in computer programs such as Microsoft Office and have experience working with a CRM database.
You will be part of a team that is responsible for processing data in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring that the organisation is compliant with all relevant legislation and regulations.
The successful candidate will be someone who is able to adapt to varying workloads and at the same time be consistently accurate in recording donor details. You must also be able to write well and verbally communicate the Trust’s mission to galvanise potential donors.
The post is full time, based in World Land Trust’s offices in Halesworth, Suffolk.
Main areas of activity and responsibilities
- Effective communications with supporters via telephone, post and email.
- Data entry / processing of donations / maintaining donor records / processing Gift Aid, Payroll Giving / regular payments.
- Data audits to ensure data protection compliance and donor preferences accurate and up to date.
- Supporting development of CRM database.
- Extracting data for reporting & mailing lists.
- Liaising with relevant software suppliers.
- Undertaking talks/presentations to groups and individuals and assisting with outreach events.
Experience and knowledge
- Experience in a front-line customer support role, preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
- Experience and fluency in working with and maintaining CRM databases, including data entry, and extracting data for reports and mailing lists.
- Knowledge of payment processing systems, including credit/debit card and direct debit payments.
- Knowledge of relevant regulation, in particular relating to data protection and payment card security.
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience of processing Gift Aid and Payroll Giving.
- Knowledge of fundraising best practice and regulation.
Abilities and skills
- Confident in communicating with a wide variety of supporters and stakeholders.
- Passionate about delivering high standards of customer care.
- Highly numerate and literate, working with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office software, in particular Excel and Word.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills; ability to work under pressure.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Value integrity and transparency.
- Passion for the charity sector.
- Disciplined at managing own time and workload.
Salary: in the range of £20,000–£23,000 per annum, depending on experience and qualifications.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
To apply Send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are applying for this post and what particular expertise and experience you will bring to the role:
Jenny Chattington, Governance Support & HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. or by post to World Land Trust, Blyth House, 3 Bridge Street, Halesworth, Suffolk IP19 8AB.
Please ensure you fulfil the formal qualifications and requirements before applying.
Closing date for applications: 22 July 2018. It is expected that interviews will be held in the week commencing 6 August 2018 in WLT’s offices in Halesworth, Suffolk. Please indicate in your application if you are likely to be unavailable on any of the key dates.
Please note that the closing date given is a guide. We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
No agencies or advertisers please.