World Land Trust (WLT) can now benefit from a wide range of physically challenging and inspiring group activities organised by Action Challenge.
The prospect of taking on a fundraising challenge can be exciting, but organising one single handed can be daunting.
Action Challenge takes all the hard work out of organising a challenging event and is great for anyone that enjoys camaraderie and pulling together as a team.
So far Action Challenge has helped to raise more than £50 million for charities. WLT is now a participating charity so when a WLT supporter signs up to an Action Challenge, WLT can benefit.
Listed here are just a few of the forthcoming Action Challenge running and cycling events, but there are other trekking and walking activities as well.
If you are looking to stretch yourself and raise funds for WLT, check out the Action Challenge website to register for an event.
- Isle of Wight Challenge: 23/24 August 2014 (Bank Holiday Weekend) This challenge provides a stunning backdrop for an endurance walk or ultra-marathon around the Island’s coastal path. Registration fee for the 100km challenge (full island) is £85 and for the 50km (half island) is £60.
- Thames Path Challenge: 13/14 September 2014 The Thames Path Challenge is an epic endurance walk or ultra-marathon along the Thames Path National Trail. Registration fee for the 100km challenge is £85, £60 for the 50km and £30 for the 25km.
- London to Newcastle: 24 August 2014 Cycle 300 miles in 24 hours from London to Newcastle. Registration fee is £99.
- London to Paris: 24 September 2014 Cycle 280 miles in 24 hours from London to Paris. Registration fee is £149.
- Halloween Moonride: Friday 31 October 2014 Setting out under the cover of darkness from 8pm onward, the 80km route follows a figure of 8 blood trail across the city of London – returning to ‘The Crypt’ at the half way point to refresh. Registration fee is £39.
Note: all fees are paid directly to the event organisers, Action Challenge, at the point of registration. Thereafter any funds raised can be donated to charity.