Be eco-friendly this Christmas and consider sending greetings and gifts that have the environment in mind. Here are our suggestions for a lush, green Christmas – perfect for nature lovers or anyone who appreciates unusual gifts.
1. Top of the Tree: a WLT gift donation
Make a donation of £25 or more to the World Land Trust and dedicate it as a gift. Your gift recipient will receive a beautiful WLT Gift Pack with a Certificate together with information on how ‘their’ piece of land and how it will be protected. Your donation will be used to secure real land which will be included in a nature reserve, for the benefit of wildlife. The best gift you can give to friends and the earth.
Give the Gift of Rainforest »
2. Treat friends to a day off Christmas shopping
Put acres of Rainforest on your own Christmas wish list. Your friends and family will be delighted that you have saved them a shopping trip!
How to set up your own green Christmas wish list:
- Set your goal for the total number of rainforest acres you would like to save this Christmas and ask everyone to contribute to this to help you reach your target.
- Set up a seasonal fundraising page on JustGiving.com. Friends can make their donation here and leave a Christmas message for you as well. Setting up the page is quick, taking about 5 minutes, and you can customise it as you wish. What’s more you don’t have to worry about collecting the donations yourself as JustGiving takes care of all that.
3. Send e-greetings or WLT’s exclusive Christmas cards
Send Christmas and seasonal cards and e-greetings and support the World Land Trust at the same time.
Browse our card options here »
4. Looking for other gifts that save the rainforest?
We can offer you conservation-friendly cuddly toys, organic chocolate and wildlife books all of which raise funds for World Land Trust’s projects. Check out Beyond Acres: Gifts that help save rainforest for a selection of products that really help our work as well as making great gifts.