World Land Trust (WLT) has been offered one charity place in the Virgin London Marathon on 26 April 2015.
To select a runner to represent WLT, we are holding a ballot, which will be decided on Monday 11 August 2014. The deadline for entries into the ballot is 8 August 2014. We shall contact the chosen runner by Friday 15 August 2014.
The selected runner agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- The runner is 18 years of age or over on 13 April 2015
- To confirm the place the runner will pay a £100 registration fee by Friday 22 August 2014. If the registration fee has not been received by Friday 22 August 2014, the ballot will be redrawn
- In addition to the registration fee, the runner pledges to raise at least £1,400, of which £300 must be raised by 31 December 2014
- The runner sets up a Virgin Money Giving page to collect online donations
- The runner helps with publicity both before and after the race. This assistance will include supplying photos, blogs and quotes for WLT website and ebulletins and is designed to help attract sponsorship from WLT’s supporters over and above the £1,500 that the runner pledges to raise
- If at any stage during training the runner is in any doubt about their ability to complete the London Marathon, the runner will inform WLT so that, if necessary, WLT can find a substitute