To correctly identify World Land Trust in your will, your solicitor will need our registered charity name, number and address:
Registered Charity name: World Land Trust
Registered Address: Blyth House, Bridge Street
Halesworth, Suffolk, IP19 8AB
Charity Registration Number: 1001291
We would love to hear from you if you are intending to leave a legacy to World Land Trust, or if you would like to discuss our work and aims in more detail to help you reach a decision. Please contact WLT’s Head of Communications, Viv Burton, on email@example.com or by calling the WLT offices on + 44 (0) 1986 874422
We strongly recommend that you seek professional advice when writing or amending a will. Our Guide to Wills and Legacies gives some initial information, but should not be taken as legal advice.
Thank you for considering leaving a gift in your Will to World Land Trust. Any gift you are able to include will make a difference.
- Can I support a particular area of your work? We’re often responding to urgent situations, so a legacy to WLT is most flexible if we can use the funds without any restriction. Alongside this, we understand that particular places or species may be important to you, so if you wish to specify a more exact use for your gift please speak to us directly.
- What sort of legacy should I leave? Whatever you feel able to give will be valuable to us. You can choose to leave a sum of money, a specific item, or a share in your residual estate, which ensures funds only come to WLT after any specified legacies. Your solicitor can advise on the advantages and disadvantages of each type of bequest.
- Can I add WLT to my will using a codicil? If your will is up to date you can sometimes use a codicil to add a legacy without having to rewrite everything. However, when doing this you should still seek legal advice as codicils can affect your existing will.
- Will a legacy to WLT reduce UK inheritance tax? Not everyone has to pay inheritance tax, but charity legacies are exempt, so a legacy to WLT can help. Up to date information about inheritance tax can be found on the HMRC website. Rules are complex so we would always recommend that you seek expert advice.
- Is there any other way to include WLT in my will? You can ask for donations to WLT at your funeral, instead of flowers.
- What if I live outside the UK? It will usually be possible to include WLT in your will, though you will certainly need professional advice to make sure you get the details right.
If you are based in Australia, it is possible to leave your legacy directly to WLT Australia (WLT-A). To correctly identify WLT-A in your will, you will need the following details:
Legal Name: WLT Australia Limited
Charity ABN: 79603569697
Charity Street Address: Unit 6, 1 Styles Street, Leichhardt, NSW 2040 AUSTRALIA