Setting up an online fundraising page is quick, easy and free. The fundraising websites JustGiving, Virgin Money Giving and BT MyDonate make it easy for you to collect funds online for World Land Trust (WLT) and making donations is completely secure.
Start fundraising now
To set up your fundraising page for WLT just follow the links below. We suggest you browse the sites first as they all have different features and styles. For help and advice from our Donations Manager, Karen Lowe, call us on +44 (0) 1986 874422 or contact us via email or post.
- Simply choose a fundraising site and set up a page.
- Add pictures and information about your event and why you want to support World Land Trust.
- Share your page with everyone you know.
More about online fundraising
Your fundraising webpage will accept donations by credit or debit card, and for some sites by text or Paypal. If you set a target amount the page will show your progress towards it. While donating to your fundraising event, your sponsors can leave comments - the perfect way to keep motivated.
Tips on making the most of your fundraising page
- Personalise your page as much as possible: add photos and write about what you are doing.
- Email your close friends first: they are likely to be generous and later donors will tend to match the donation amounts they can see listed on the page.
- Contact your local paper, radio and TV stations and tell them about your fundraising efforts.
- Use social media: see if you can get your fundraising circulating on Facebook or Twitter. WLT will be happy to retweet and like your posts.
- Let everyone know how it went, and thank them: about 20% of donations come in after the event has taken place.