Books for Conservation - Criteria & Guidelines
Books for Conservation
A partnership between the World Land Trust and NHBS Environment Bookstore
To qualify for a donation of books from the WLT ‘Books for Conservation’ Programme, your organisation must be:
- A non-governmental organisation;
- Located within a country where it is difficult to obtain natural history reference material;
- Connected with the preservation of the environment, natural habitats and/or wildlife.
Branches of large international organisations are not generally considered. (For full Terms and Conditions download the Application Booklet.)
Transportation of books
Unfortunately WLT is unable to send books overseas; however, if your organisation has contacts in the UK we are able to send books to these affiliate partners (please note your organisation must cover the costs of transportation to affiliates).
- It is also possible that your Embassy in London may be willing to arrange the transportation of books to you.
- Books can also be collected by colleagues/representatives visiting the UK. Packages can be collected from the WLT office in Halesworth, Suffolk, or in special circumstances WLT may be able to arrange for packages to be transported for collection from the Royal Geographical Society in London or BirdLife International in Cambridge.
How to Apply
Download an Application Booklet in PDF form:
- PDF - Books for Conservation Application booklet (44KB) (opens in new window)
Terms and Conditions are included in the Application Booklet – please read them carefully.
If you have any questions about the ‘Books for Conservation’ Programme, or are unsure whether your organisation fulfils the criteria, please contact us using our online contact form, or email email@example.com .
You will need Adobe Reader to open the PDF file. Adobe Reader is free and can be downloaded from Adobe, below.
Get Adobe Reader (opens in new window)