World Land Trust's Winter Exhibition opened at WLT gallery in Halesworth on Saturday 24 November. The works on display were by a selection of artists, many of whom live and work locally.
The exhibition included works by up and coming artists as well as by more established ones. Two local artists were exhibiting for the first time in the gallery: Jan Houchen and recent fine art graduate Ania Hobson.
For Kate and Hannah Breach from Norfolk, this was the second time that their work has been shown in WLT gallery. According to the identical twins: “It’s great to be able to show work in a local gallery, and by doing so, to contribute to the work of World Land Trust.”
Several established artists had work in the Winter Exhibition. Painter and illustrator Martin Woodcock lives in north Norfolk and specialises in birds, and wildlife artist Peter Partington derives inspiration for his work from rural Suffolk where he lives and works.
Andrew Pitt paints East Anglian landscapes and marine scenes in watercolour and oils, while Norfolk based David Tipling was the only photographer in the exhibition; his exceptional work will be familiar to many.
Also on display were works by award winning artist Nick Day, whose prints proved very popular in the gallery’s previous exhibition, and David Feather, whose work was shown posthumously.
To see a selection of pictures from the Winter Exhibition, visit World Land Trust gallery.
The gallery offers a selection of prints and books, wildlife cards and Christmas cards.
Also on sale in the gallery are hand-made bags and baskets from Maison Bengal, a fair trade company working with artisan cooperatives in Bangladesh. Perfect Christmas presents, the bags and baskets are made of natural materials and blend traditional skills with contemporary design.
- Find us: World Land Trust gallery, Blyth House, Bridge Street, Halesworth IP19 8AB
- Opening hours: Mon to Fri, 10am – 5pm
- Saturday Opening hours: During December 2012 the gallery will be open on Saturdays 10am – 3pm, and on Saturday 1 December (the day of the Halesworth Christmas Lights Switch-On) it will be open 10am – 4pm.
- Christmas 2012 and New Year 2013 Opening Hours: The gallery will be closed over the Christmas and New Year period from 24 December and will reopen on Wednesday 2 January 2013.
- Find out more: www.worldlandtrust.org/gallery