Photograph your special garden in its best light and share the picture with us for a chance to win a fantastic prize in World Land Trust’s (WLT) Great Garden Give photo competition.
It could be a cottage garden, urban courtyard or wildlife haven. It could belong to you, or to someone you know. It could even be a beautifully landscaped local park. Wherever it is, whatever it is, we’d love to hear about it!
You can enter via WLT’s Facebook page, Twitter or Instagram. Simply upload a photo of your special garden with a short caption to let us know where it is and why it means so much to you.
Each week we’ll select the best picture to win £25 in garden vouchers. One lucky winner will take home £150 in vouchers and a signed copy of a book by WLT Patron Sir David Attenborough.
Final date for entries is 8 August 2014.
Great Garden Give
All you have to do is measure or estimate the size of a garden you love (your own, or someone else’s). Enter the area of the garden into the Great Garden Give calculator and then make the donation suggested. At 2.5p per square metre, a donation of £2.50 will match the size of an average UK garden of 100 square metres - so it won’t break the bank!
WLT saves threatened habitats acre by acre by creating nature reserves across the world. By giving to WLT’s Buy an Acre appeal you can help us create new reserves and extend existing ones to provide a safe haven for some of Earth’s most vulnerable wildlife.
WLT will transfer every donation, large or small, to the Buy an Acre fund where it will be used to purchase either threatened savanna grassland in Bolivia or forest in urgent need of protection in Colombia, Ecuador or Mexico.
Competition terms & conditions
Start Date / Closing Date
- The start date for entries is 27 June 2014
- The closing date for receipt of entries is 8 August 2014. No further entries will be accepted after 11.59 pm GMT on 8 August 2014
Method of Entry
- To access the Great Garden Give Competition app you should click the ‘Like’ button on the World Land Trust Facebook page, then click the Great Garden Give Competition tab and the Enter Competition button
- You will then be prompted to upload the photograph of your favourite garden
- The photograph should be in one of the following formats: JPEG, GIF and PNG and should not be larger than 5 MB
- Entries can also be made by posting a tweet on Twitter or a picture on Instagram with the tag including the hashtag #GREATGARDENGIVE or #greatgardengive. These entries will be all pulled into our content management system which will moderate all posts and publish uploads to the Great Garden Give Competition app (so that all the entries are visible on the Facebook page)
- In line with World Land Trust’s environmental commitment, any photographs deemed to be inappropriate to the Trust’s mission to protect wildlife and their habitats will be removed.
- World Land Trust accepts no responsibility for any difficulty experienced in accessing or submitting an entry via the World Land Trust Facebook page
- By uploading a photograph, you confirm that the photograph is owned by you (it must not be copied from anyone else or be infringing of anyone else’s intellectual property rights) and that you have the permission of anyone featured in the photograph
- The winners will be selected by World Land Trust, in consultation with Media Bounty
- Weekly prizes will be £25 in National Garden Gift Vouchers
- The grand prize will be £150 in National Garden Gift Vouchers and a signed copy of one of Sir David Attenborough’s books
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be supplied
- The grand prize winner will be announced by the end of August 2014 on the World Land Trust Facebook page. This decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
Full terms and conditions are available on WLT’s Facebook page