Eric Ennion 1900 - 1981
Dr. Eric Arnold Ennion was a founder member of the Society of Wildlife Artists (S.W.L.A.) in 1960, later becoming an Honorary Vice-President.
He trained as a medical doctor and practised medicine for twenty years around the fens of East Anglia. In 1945 he set up and became the warden of Flatford Mill Field Centre, and then moved to Northumberland in 1950 where he was the founder and director of Monks House Observatory. He was completely self-taught as an artist and his style is unmistakable, with its emphasis on economy of line and colour, and especially on movement. He was especially fond of paintings ducks, waders and other waterside birds and the reflections, shadows and patterns of water which surround them.