The inclusion of a link in this Wildlife & Conservation Links Directory does not mean that the website in question is endorsed by the WLT and the Trust is not responsible for the content on these external sites. Link Exchanges are marked (LE).
Get Involved: Take Action for Wildlife
- From the World Land Trust: Vacancies at the World Land Trust – Paid jobs and internships at the WLT office
- Acre Resources – A resource for people looking for jobs in the environmental and sustainability sectors, including environmental assessment, conservation, corporate social responsibility and renewable energy
- Charity Job – The UK's busiest site for charity and voluntary sector jobs
- Conservation Jobs - connecting conservation professionals with organisations tasked to protect wildlife in the UK and worldwide
- Countryside Jobs Service – Promotes Countryside careers in the UK and environmental conservation worldwide (LE)
- EarthWorks-Jobs.com – Worldwide jobs in environmental science and related subjects (LE)
- Ethical Careers Service – Ethical Careers website dedicated to helping you find a socially and environmentally responsible career
- Environmentjob.co.uk – UK website for jobs and volunteering opportunities in the environmental sector (LE)
- The Environment Post – specialises in environmental jobs such as Ecology, Conservation, Energy, Biodiversity, Recycling, Climate Change, Renewables, Carbon, Organics, Sustainability and Transport (LE)
- StopDodo – a global portal for environmental jobs and resumes
- From the World Land Trust: For a green, unique gift: save an acre of rainforest – What better way to treat a friend or loved one than to give them a unique gift that lasts forever?
- Ecomall – Launched in 1994 this is the probably the oldest environmental shopping centre on the Internet
- Embiara Lodge – A lodge in the Brazilian Pantanal. The site offers beautiful images of the surrounding area and an interesting blog on the local wildlife. Reforestaion work is also carried out in the area.
- GiveIt – Online 'individual gift' service, where you can make a one-off selection of charity gifts to celebrate someone's birthday, a wedding, Christmas or any event you care to think of.
- Green & Easy – Make easy eco-friendly choices for your home and garden (LE)
- Green Choices – The UK 's one-stop guide to greener living
- Green Homes Design – Green design ideas and free house plans for professionals and DIY enthusiasts (LE)
- Green Store – offers a full range of products and information for environmentally sustainable lifestyles
- Natural Collection – A catalogue of eclectic, unusual, useful and interesting products to inspire ideas towards a sustainable future
- Summer Naturals – Supplier of natural ingredients for chemical free cleaning. Your health and our environment matters. (LE)
- The Green Shop – Eco friendly and fair-traded products
- The Green Village – A website which provides people with the information they need to make greener and more sustainable decisions on how they live their life
- The Natural Gardener – For sustainable gardening, using biodegradable products and organic methods
- Tree Twist – Handmade wrist, clips and twist bands, belts and scarves. For every TreeTwist sold a tree or a seedling will be planted in Scotland (LE)
- Monkey - Monkey's mission is to make big savings, for both you and for those in need. Rasie money for the WLT when renewing your insurance
- Featuring the World Land Trust:
- Rainforest Conservation in Action – World Land Trust group on MySpace.com where members can share positive rainforest and conservation news with likeminded people.
- WLT fan page on Facebook - "like" the World Land Trust
- Follow the WLT on twitter - tweet us at @worldlandtrust
- YouTube channel - Subscribe to our YouTube channel and watch World Land Trust realted videos
- Follow the WLT on Google+ - make sure you add us to your circles
- Find us on Pintrest - Follows our World Land Trust related boards and pins on Pintrest
- Linkedin company and discussion group - Connect with the WLT on Linkedin and join the discussion group.
- Ask UNEP – United Nations Environment Programme offers expert help on their website: Ask a question and join the global discussion on the environment
- Care2 – Online community for people who care to make a difference
- GBwildlife – Use the search facility to find wildlife events taking place in your local area, engage with blogs or learn from the “how to sections”. This site celebrates British wildlife and landscapes
- Green Answers – A user-generated question and answer site dedicated to environmental issues
- Happy Planet Index – Calculate your Happy Planet Index. How happy are you... and at what price to the environment?
- Irresponsible Tourism – a forum for blowing the whistle on practices in the travel and tourism industry which you think are irresponsible, and to discuss them with others.
- ispot – from the Open University helps you to identify any British species. You can also share your knowledge in the ispot community
- SafariTalk – An initiative highlighting wildlife conservation, environmental issues, and community and social initiatives in Africa and a forum for Africa based discussions.
- Wildlife UK Forum – A forum for friendly discussion on the environment in the UK
- From the World Land Trust: World Land Trust Internship Programme – Six-month internships in project development and conservation management at the WLT office
- Amigos de las Aves – Conservation of the Scarlet and Great Green Macaws in Costa Rica
- TCV (The Conservation Volunteers) - An good source of information on conservation volunteering all over the world
- Earthwatch Institute – engaging people worldwide in scientific field research and education to promote the understanding and action necessary for a sustainable environment
- Fundación Zoobreviven – voluntary conservation organisation (LE)
- Gapwork – works with gap year organisations to help you find out everything you need to know about your gap year (LE)
- Global Vision – Conservation expeditions, volunteer work and training courses around the world
- Green Volunteers – A guide and information network to voluntary work In nature conservation
- Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) – international development charity that works through volunteers
- Working Abroad - Working Abroad is an international networking service for volunteers and travellers on volunteer projects in over 150 countries worldwide.
- Worldwide Volunteering – Aims to make it easier for people of all ages to volunteer by providing access to information about volunteering opportunities throughout the UK and worldwide
- Year Out Group – An association of gap year groups that provides some helpful advice on volunteering during gap years.
- Beautiful Britain – Has a section on wildlife gardening
- British Wildflower Plants – Norfolk-based providers of UK native wildflower plants (100% peat-free)
- The Natural Gardener – Gardening using biodegradable products and organic methods
- Sustainable Gardening – special report from ENN with many links to sustainable gardening resources
- UK Safari – This wildlife resource site has a good section on wildlife friendly gardening.
- Wildlife Gardener – information and ideas to help you encourage wildlife into your garden
- Wildlife Gardening with Jenny Steel – information about getting started with wildlife gardening
- Wild about Gardens – joint project between The Wildlife Trusts and the Royal Horticultural Society aiming to promote gardening for wildlife
Other pages in the section "Get Involved: Take Action for Wildlife"
Please report any broken links to firstname.lastname@example.org
Suggest a Link for the Directory
The World Land Trust welcomes suggestions for new links for our directory.
Link to the World Land Trust
Help spread the word: link to the World Land Trust from your website