Volunteers wanted for WLT gallery in Halesworth
Title: Gallery Volunteer
Objective: To assist in the day-to-day running of the World Land Trust Gallery.
Commitment: Negotiable, between the current gallery opening hours of 10am-5pm Monday to Friday, 10am-4pm Saturday.
Location: The World Land Trust Gallery at Blyth House, Halesworth. On occasion you may be asked to assist World Land Trust operations in other locations; but this is not essential to the role.
Responsible to: The line managers for this role are the Education, Outreach & Training Manager and the Head of Operations.
- Maintain the public face of the gallery; tidying/light cleaning/making a note of anywhere heavier cleaning is needed.
- Interacting with visitors; welcoming visitors in to the gallery – whether they enter from the street or are WLT visitors. Being well informed of gallery exhibits and imparting that information if required. Dealing with enquiries.
- Sales; making cash/card sales transactions for any item on sale in the gallery and recording the sale.
- Marketing; distributing gallery information locally if and when required.
- Other tasks as required, by agreement with line manager.
A friendly manner is essential.
Training will be given for the above role.
Dress code: smart/casual.
Essential: Good communication, literacy, numeracy. Ability to follow instruction and work under supervision.
Useful: Retail experience/Customer service experience/Confident and enthusiastic/Able to work alone but also a good team player.
An interest in wildlife and art would be advantageous.
A knowledge of, and interest in, World Land Trust is essential to this role.
There are opportunities for a volunteer to expand this role beyond the task list given above.
About World Land Trust: The World Land Trust (WLT) is an international conservation organisation that takes direct action to save rainforest and other wildlife habitats. WLT and its overseas project partners have been instrumental in the purchase and protection of over 500,000 acres, now protected as permanent wildlife reserves.
To apply: Please send email/post/drop in, a brief CV/letter outlining your experience and details of two referees to Kelly Jacobs, Education, Outreach & Training Manager, email@example.com
World Land Trust, Blyth House, Bridge Street, Halesworth IP19 8AB
(advert added to site 7 March 2012)