Thursday 19th March 2009
Finance and admin
- WLT Premises (Blyth House): The Trustees unanimously approved the purchase of the WLT premises in Halesworth, Suffolk.
- The newly designed gift package for WLT supporters was circulated.
- Donor Income: So far there was no significant falling off in regular giving in spite of economic concerns, although a change of pattern in giving had been noted.
- New corporate contacts were still coming forward regularly, notably smaller companies with imaginative ideas for generating funds for conservation.
New projects approved by Trustees
- Laguna Grande-Sarstún, Guatemala: Trustees approved request for FUNDAECO for support for years 2 and 3 of the project presented at the previous meeting.
- Restoration of the Bunduki Gap, Tanzania: Approval was given for a proposal submitted by the Wildlife Conservation Society of Tanzania for restoration of forest habitat adjoining two existing reserves.
Restoration Ecology Programme
- Scottish and Southern Energy had signed a further 3 year agreement to fund habitat restoration through tree planting.
- An agreement with Swire Pacific Offshore had been signed to provide a major verified, voluntary offset project